Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend Canada

and a big hello to everyone else ;)

Picture of my thanksgiving meal for one.  Looks like shit, but tasted great.
Yeah, so the meal looked much better off camera...it was one of the best tasting meals I have ever made actually, which surprised me quite a bit. 
Cornish Game Hen with Double-Cranberry and Thyme Sauce
Kind of followed the recipe but I made my own adjustments.  I put the butter mixture under the skin first so it was extra delicious once cooked.  Wine was used instead of grape juice because wine tastes sooo much better.  I also used whole berry cranberry sauce instead of the seperate cranberry juice then whole cranberries.  As sides I had stuffing and roasted garlic mashed potatoes.  For the roasted garlic just throw garlic cloves and olive oil in a pyrex dish with some aluminum foil over top and let it cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

2 comments:

  1. That doesn't look like shit, what are you talking about.

    Also FUCK YEAH ROASTED GARLIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I don't get Thanksgiving until November. That does look and sound really good.

    Gonna follow you.

    ReplyDelete